Monday, February 18, 2008

Snowshoeing not as easy as it looks!






















I went snowshoeing for the first time on Saturday with from left to right, Laurie, Mo, Bree and Sarah. It was actually everyone's first time. We rented our snowshoes from a place in Calgary. Mo and Bree rented there's the night before and got the cool new sleek model as you can see. When Laurie, Sarah and I got there all they had left was the old school snowshoes! Which would have been fine if we were just trapsing around in a meadow but......................no we were doing a trek up to Chester Lake in k-country. And what Mo failed to mention was that the first 2.5 km of the 8.5 km trek was all up hill!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now let me give you a little lesson about snow shoes, the newer models have spikes on the bottom that dig into the snow and prevent you from sliding backwards. The older models are pretty much like big tennis rackets. Needless to say my hips are still hurting! But I would definitly do it again. It was so pretty up in the mountains.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kristi! Finally an update! You were killing me there for awhile :) If you dont like snowshoeing... dont go cross country skiing with Janay and Tim.. or if you do, make sure that it is in an open FLAT field. I just about died when we went in the mountains. first I could barely move, there was NO wax on the bottom of my skis I might as well have been sliding through the snow on weights. THEN Janay let me use hers which had WAY too much wax on it and I almost flew off a cliff to my death! Sheesh...